Friday, July 25, 2008

Three

This "Three" shirt was the second shirt I ever made, after the Dude shirt (not including those original iron-on onesies). I made it for Katie's friend Anna, when Katie was about two and a half years old. I made it one night before Katie went to bed, using an iron-on transfer in the center and puffy paint words around it. I put it on a countertop to dry. The next thing I know, I looked over and saw (in slow motion), Katie's hand smashing down into the wet paint. I screamed to stop her, but it was too late. The shirt seemed unsalvageable to me, so I made Anna another one. I kept the ruined one for a while, until I decided to doctor it a bit and I made it wearable for Katie. This photo shows her wearing it. Needless to say, now I make sure the shirts are out of harm's way when I make them!
Since then, I've made the Three shirts with stamps instead of using an iron-on. The iron-ons don't seem very durable.

No comments: