Saturday, August 23, 2008

100 Buttons - Finished!

I finished the 100 Buttons shirt today. I decided to find some VERY small white buttons (the smallest I could find in my collection), and sew them on in the shape of a "K." I was hoping that the smaller buttons wouldn't weigh the shirt down much more, and I think they worked well! And I chose mostly buttons with only 2 holes (not 4) to make it easier on me for sewing.
Last night while watching TV, I laid the white buttons out in the "K" shape I wanted, then covered them with packing tape to keep them in place. I hand-sewed right through the tape, then carefully tore it off after all the buttons were tacked down. I sewed 56 last night, then put the last 5 on this morning. I think it turned out well!
Katie has already counted the buttons twice to double-check that there are 100. She says she really likes it, and can't wait to wear it!
I think this will be the only 100 Buttons shirt I'll ever make (unless Jackson begs me for one). It was very labor-intense, of course!

No comments: