Monday, October 6, 2008

Steele Butterflies

I completed my first Lupus Walk yesterday after being diagnosed with lupus last week. (It was more of a coincidence that the timing was so close - it wasn't planned that way!) My friend Catrina (who walked with me) and I decided to have shirts made with our team name, Steele Butterflies. Steele is my maiden name, and butterflies are the symbol of the Lupus Foundation. I contacted friends who own Missy Doo's Embroidery, and had them make a rush order for us. They put together these awesome shirts:


I didn't have a shirt made for Dan because I thought the butterflies might be too girly, and I didn't expect him (or the kids) to walk with me. So I made Dan and the kids their own shirts, to show support for our team. They turned out pretty well! Here's the close-up, and a photo of our family in our shirts.

I love the Team Steele shirts. I think I'm going to have the kids wear theirs when I'm having a bad day, as a way to boost my own morale. Is that too self-serving of me? Some days you need all the inspiration you can get!

No comments: